The escrow system means that when you order for the project to be completed, we will ask that you deposit the funds needed to cover the project. Those funds will be in escrow with us, secure – in order to protect the rights of the freelancer. The money is not transferred to the freelancer either, in order to protect your rights. If the freelancer is not able to finish the project as per requirements, the money will be refunded into your account. On the other hand if the freelancer has done everything as per the project, the funds would be transmitted to them. We have to make sure everybody is protected, so that we can all survive and take care of each other moving forward. Commensurate partial payments may be resorted to in certain situations when the project was started but not finished.
- My freelancer is asking me to take the transaction outside of the platform!
- How will you pay me? What is the payment threshold?
- What are the platform fees? And why do you charge those fees, when I am the one doing all of the work as a freelancer?
- Do I have to pay in order to post my project? Even just a little bit?
- What are milestones?
- Do you vet these freelancers?