Milestones are small portions of a large project. For example, in order to complete a good essay, there may be a first draft, a second draft, and then finally a final draft. Each of these can be a milestone. As a freelancer finishes each of these milestones, satisfactorily, they become eligible for that portion of the funds apportioned for the specific milestone. Therefore, they keep getting paid bits and pieces, while your project keeps getting finished in bits and pieces, even as those bits and pieces are continuously being sent over to you. That’s how you manage a large project!
- My freelancer is asking me to take the transaction outside of the platform!
- How will you pay me? What is the payment threshold?
- What are the platform fees? And why do you charge those fees, when I am the one doing all of the work as a freelancer?
- Do I have to pay in order to post my project? Even just a little bit?
- What does the escrow system mean?
- Do you vet these freelancers?