This should be a catchy, colorful flier for an information meeting from a community health RN to parents of school-age children. It will be held at the East Noble High School Auditorium. Refreshments will be served and free babysitting will be available. This will be held on Wednesday evening from 7-830pm.
You are a Community/Public Health Nurse (C/PHN) working in your setting of choice. You have identified a community health problem from the Caring for Populations: Assessment and Diagnosis assignment, and you need input from aggregates in your community regarding what type of nursing intervention would be most beneficial. You know that speaking to members in your community will enhance your understanding of the problem and give you ideas of specific solutions for your community. You need to create a flyer that will bring these community members into your focus group. You want to reach out to your target audience by distributing your flyer to local organizations such as schools, churches, physician offices, hospitals, health departments, grocery stores, etc.
This flyer is expected to be one page in length and the summary is to be one page in length. Below are the requirements needed for successful completion of this assignment.
• Choose a community health nurse setting. Some examples are school nurse, parish nurse, home health nurse, nurse working in the health department (specify the area in the health department, e.g., WIC, STD clinic, health promotion, maternal-child health, etc.)
• Your goal is to get as many people to attend your focus group as possible.
• Keep in mind your target audience:
o Or someone else?
This will impact your flyer in ways such as font sizing, pictures, benefits for the attendee and more.
• Make sure to include on your flyer:
o Who you want to attend (to whom you are reaching out)
o When the focus group will be held
o Where (keep in mind location and transportation)
o Why a person should attend. What are the benefits for the attendee? Examples include safer streets, less violence, or even refreshments or a free gift. Incentives are a great way to bring people in.
o What is the purpose of the flyer (focus group)
• Make your flyer visually appealing
o Keep in mind the amount of graphics and colors
• Complete a 1-page summary about your flyer. The summary should include:
o Target audience and why
o Why you chose the location
o Where the flyer will be distributed and why
o What information you want from the focus group
o What are the benefits for the attendee
o Include at least one scholarly reference that supports your reasoning.
• Application: Use Microsoft Word 2007 or PowerPoint 2007 for the flyer. The summary must be in Microsoft Word 2007.
• Number of files: You will submit two separate files to the Dropbox; one will be the flyer and the other will be the one-page summary with a title and reference page.
• Length: The assignment is expected to be a one-page flyer and a one-page summary for a total of two pages (not including the title and reference page for the summary).
• Submission: Submit each file to the appropriate basket in the Dropbox by 11:59 p.m. Sunday of Week 4.
• Title: Include your last name in file title(s). This is extremely important since the flyer will not contain names. Please label each as the “flyer” or the “summary.” Example: “Smith Community Outreach flyer” or “Smith Community Outreach summary”
• Technical Writing: APA format is required.
• Late Submission: See course policy on late submissions.
• Microsoft Office has online assistance for templates and creating flyers
has been added to your cart!
have been added to your cart!
You must log in and be a buyer of this download to submit a review.