Write an essay (500 words) that analyzes the mission and vision statements of VHA (Veterans Health Administration):
Honor America’s Veterans by providing exceptional health care that improves their health and well-being.
VHA will continue to be the benchmark of excellence and value in health care and benefits by providing exemplary services that are both patient centered and evidence based.
Critique its usefulness as starting point for strategic and planning development, use the following criteria:
1. It should be memorable.
2. It should be started in broad enough terms to allow for the generation and consideration of feasible alternative objectives and strategy without unduly stifling management creativity.
3. I should be expansive in a way that reconciles differences among, and still appeals to, an organization’s diverse stakeholders.
4. It suggests where managers should be looking for future opportunity, and steers them away from other areas.
5. It highlights the points of differentiation with other businesses, particularly competitors, and sets forth the basis for the firm’s competitive advantage.
6. It arouses positive feelings and emotions about the organization and an individual’s role within it. It attracts and deters potential staff. It give the impression that the firm is successful, knows what it is doing, is professionally managed, has direction, and is worthy of time, support, and investment.
7. It is more pragmatic, with a more immediate purpose, than a vision statement.
has been added to your cart!
have been added to your cart!
You must log in and be a buyer of this download to submit a review.