- Why is a z score a standard score? Why can standard scores be used to compare scores from different distributions?
A z score is a standard score because it measures the magnitude in terms of the number of standard deviations that a score may be away from the mean.
The comparison is possible because there are no units involved. Besides, there is no scale involved either. This way comparisons may be made.
- For the following set of scores, fill in the cells. The mean is 74.13 and the standard deviation is 9.98.
- Questions 3a through 3d are based on a distribution of scores with and the standard deviation = 6.38. Draw a small picture to help you see what is required.
- What is the probability of a score falling between a raw score of 70 and 80?
- What is the probability of a score falling above a raw score of 80?
- What is the probability of a score falling between a raw score of 81 and 83?
- What is the probability of a score falling below a raw score of 63?
- Jake needs to score in the top 10% in order to earn a physical fitness certificate. The class mean is 78 and the standard deviation is 5.5. What raw score does he need?
has been added to your cart!
have been added to your cart!
You must log in and be a buyer of this download to submit a review.