Week Eight Homework Exercise
Answer the following questions covering material from Ch. 14 of Methods in Behavioral
- What is replication, and what role does it play in increasing the external validity or
generalizability of a study? In what way is the IRB involved in using participants in a
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of using college students as participants in
- What potential problems can arise from generalization of results to different cultures or
- What is meta-analysis, and how is it useful to practitioners and scholars?
- True or false: In many cases, meta analyses involves calculating an average effect size
for a relationship between variables.
- True or false: Many constructs, such as physical attractiveness and self-esteem, appear
constant across cultures; thus, external validity is less of a concern when conducting
research on such constructs. Provide a brief explanation of your answer.
- Summarize the main points of the course, emphasizing the importance of research to the
has been added to your cart!
have been added to your cart!
You must log in and be a buyer of this download to submit a review.