Waste is a concept highly discussed along with Lean Production. Waste is anything that doesn’t add value to the end product. There are eight categories of waste that you should monitor (Mindtools.com):
- Overproduction– Are you producing more than consumers demand?
- Waiting– How much lag time is there between production steps?
- Inventory(work in progress) – Are your supply levels and work in progress inventories too high?
- Transportation– Do you move materials efficiently?
- Over-processing– Do you work on the product too many times, or otherwise work inefficiently?
- Motion– Do people and equipment move between tasks efficiently?
- Defects– How much time do you spend finding and fixing production mistakes?
- Workforce– Do you use workers efficiently?
has been added to your cart!
have been added to your cart!
You must log in and be a buyer of this download to submit a review.