Using the Internet, Strayer databases, or the Securities and Exchange Commission’s Website, located at https://www.sec.gov/divisions/enforce/friactions/friactions2012.shtml, perform a search on several U.S. health care publicly-traded companies and choose a health care organization that has been accused of committing health care fraud.
Write a five to six (5-6) page paper in which you:
- Evaluate the level of SOX regulations that applies to for-profit and not-for-profit health care organizations, indicating whether or not mandating SOX requirements for non-profits might reduce fraud and increase corporate governance. Provide support for your rationale.
- Determine whether SOX has been effective in regulating ethical behavior of for-profit health care organizations. Defend your position.
- Determine whether deficiencies existed in the IT environment, as suggest ways to improve audit trails, data integrity, and policies and procedures in order to reduce the risk of fraudulent activity.
- Review the audit report issued by the the external auditing firm from the company’s Website for the year it was accused of fraud. Then, determine whether the external auditors were negligent in preparing the audit report for the company. Formulate an opinion regarding which Internal Control was deficient or what GAAP was violated. Defend your position.
- Determine what provision(s) of SOX was / were violated in the health care fraud case in question. Indicate whether or not SOX adequately provides sanctions to deter the behavior or if changes are needed to the regulations to remedy the issue(s) and thus ensure compliance.
- Based on the fraudulent activity that occurred, recommend two (2) improvements tot eh internal control environment to reduce those occurrences. Provide detailed recommendations.
- Use at least four (4) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other websites do not qualify as academic resources.
has been added to your cart!
have been added to your cart!
You must log in and be a buyer of this download to submit a review.