Assignment 3: Ethics in Corporate America Imagine that you are a shareholder of two large corporations: one whose leadership was just involved in very public questionable business practices and the other whose leadership is involved in high-profile social responsibility programs. Write a report to the board of directors of the first corporation expressing your concerns about the leadership and your recommendations for improvement.
To prepare for this assignment, complete the following activities:
Review Table 6-3: “Examples of Unethical Behavior by Business Leaders.”
1. Use the Internet to find the current status of two (2) of the executives from this table.
2. Read Chapter 6 Leader in Action: “Joe Crosby of Coach’s Low Country Brands Helps the Community.”
3. Go to www.wholefoodsmarket.com and read about the company’s social responsibility programs and its CEO John Mackey.
Write a four to five (4–5) page paper that answers the following:
3. Compare and contrast the organizational performance of companies with unethical business leaders and companies with ethical leaders.
4. Analyze the consequences to business leaders who engage in unethical business practices based on your research.
5. Evaluate the impact of social responsibility programs on organizational performance, using Whole Foods as an example.
6. Assess the leadership qualities of an ethical business leader and determine why those qualities have a positive impact on organizational performance.
The format of the paper is to be as follows:
Typed, double-spaced, Times New Roman font (size 12), one-inch margins on all sides, APA format.
Use headers for each of the subjects being covered, followed by your response.
In addition to the four to five (4–5) pages required, a title page is to be included. The title page is to contain the title of the assignment, your name, the instructor’s name, the course title, and the date..
has been added to your cart!
have been added to your cart!
You must log in and be a buyer of this download to submit a review.