Assignment 2: Case Study – Turn It Around!
Due Week 6 and worth 260 points
Review the case study in your online course shell titled “Turn It Around”, in which Dr. P. De Gogy, a newly hired superintendent of a small rural school district, must develop a plan to address and correct a myriad of issues and challenges within the district. Next, imagine that you are Dr. Gogy and are preparing to present the plan you have developed to the school board.
Part 1: Proposal Report
Write a three to five (3-5) page proposal report in which you:
1. Determine the main challenges that the Rocky Road School District is currently facing. Develop a three (3) year plan to address these challenges. Examine the actions you will take to address each of these challenges.
2. Identify the main resources that you will need in each of the following areas in order to implement the plan – economic, social / community, political, and staffing.
3. Take a position on whether or not it is feasible for you to turn this school district around within the length of your five (5) year contract. Provide support and a rationale for your position.
4. Use at least four (4) peer-reviewed academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and many Websites do not qualify as academic resources. Peer-reviewed academic resources refer to articles and scholarly journals that are reviewed by a panel of experts or peers in the field. Review the video titled Research Starter: Finding Peer-Reviewed References for more information on obtaining peer-reviewed academic resources through your Blackboard course shell.
Part 2: PowerPoint Presentation
Create a ten to fifteen (10-15) slide PowerPoint Presentation in which you:
5. Summarize your response to Questions #1-3 in Part 1 of this assignment.
6. Narrate each slide, using a microphone, indicating what you would say if you were actually presenting in front of an audience.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
• Present your plan using a presentation software tool with at least ten (10) content slides in your presentation.
• Include a cover slide containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. Note: This slide does not count toward the ten to fifteen (10-15) slide requirement.
• Include a References slide at the end of the presentation. References must be in APA format. Note: This slide does not count towards the ten to fifteen (10-15) slide requirement.
• Develop a creative, appealing presentation for a professional audience, using two to three (2-3) colors, two to three (2-3) fonts, and two to three (2-3) visuals in your presentation.
• Provide clear and thorough audio narration of the presentation slides as if you were delivering the speech. Note: If you do not have access to a microphone, then you should provide detailed speaker notes to accompany each slide that emphasize and embellish the key points in your presentation.
• Check with your instructor for any additional requirements or specifications.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
• Analyze how educational theories and practices impact contemporary issues in education.
• Survey and analyze issues facing the changing demographics of education.
• Critique issues related to teaching, learning, and assessment within schools.
• Analyze methods of the procurement, management and accountability of funding sources for schools.
• Use technology and information resources to research contemporary issues in education.
• Write clearly and concisely about contemporary issues in education using proper writing mechanics.
has been added to your cart!
have been added to your cart!
You must log in and be a buyer of this download to submit a review.