Theories of Motivation.
The purpose of this assignment is to apply the motivation and job satisfaction theories to a specific situation. Describe the theories and key assumptions on what motivates people or makes them satisfied. Apply one of the theories to a specific situation related to motivation you have witnessed or experienced professionally. In your paper:
1. Discuss how useful this theory is in explaining the lack of effort or the high performance of employees.
2. Provide examples of the advantages and disadvantages of this particular theory in explaining employee
motivation or job satisfaction.
3. Define each of the major motivation and job satisfaction theories listed: need theories, individual
differences, cognitive theories, situational theories, and job satisfaction.
4. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of these theories.
5. Describe and provide details of a specific situation in the workplace related to motivation from your own
6. Apply one of the theories to the situation.
Organize your paper using the following outline:
1. Theory Description: Provide a brief description of each theory and the key assumptions underlying each theory.
2. Advantages and Disadvantages of the Theory: Discuss those situations where each theory seems to be very helpful, and those where it does not seem to apply. Where and how would you use each theory to motivate followers or keep them satisfied? Use examples to make your points.
3. Application: Describe how one of the theories could be used to explain the motivation and job satisfaction in the situation you presented.
4. Your paper should be three to four pages in length (excluding the title and reference pages). Your paper must be formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center, and it must include citations and references for the text and at least two scholarly sources
has been added to your cart!
have been added to your cart!
You must log in and be a buyer of this download to submit a review.