Select an American corporation.(must be publicly traded in the US)
Visit its website and download the Income Statement, Statement of Stockholders Equity, Balance Sheet, and Statement of Cash Flows. The statements must be from the company website- summaries from other sources will not be accepted. They are in the investors section. You are looking for the complete published annual report, or 10-K. Sometimes it is under SEC filings. Make sure it is the most current published year.
ANSWER the following questions using the financial statements for your chosen company:
- Determine the net income for the current fiscal year (FY). Is this income up or down from the prior year?
- Explain the relevance of changes in net income to investors.
- Determine the ending balance in shareholders’ equity. Why would organizations such as Labor Unions be interested in this?
- Determine the total value of assets.
- Discuss the relevance of the total value of assets to potential creditors and why this is important.
- Determine the total cash flow from ALL operations. This is not from the operating portion of the cash flows, but overall. What does it balance to on the balance sheet?
- Explain which users would find the financial statements most important.
- Discuss how the financial statements are used in your current role or a position you would like to hold. How might these aid you in managerial decision making?
Include a link to the financial statements along with your assignment.
This is an informal assignment, and APA is not required.
Support your assertions with credible, peer reviewed research.
has been added to your cart!
have been added to your cart!
You must log in and be a buyer of this download to submit a review.