See form in email (SE) 9/19 5:03pm for needed attachments
Case Analysis Paper
Read the Harvard Business Review Case Study: Blue Mountain Resorts Limited: The Night Skiing Decision.
In this case study, a large Ontario ski resort faces a decision about whether to invest in facilities for night skiing. Demand is very uncertain, so the management undertakes a market research study. Day skiers at the facility are surveyed about their potential interest during the months of February and March. The resort’s management is suspicious about the validity of the results of the research, but has no time to collect further data.
Compose a 3–4 page paper (plus Title page and References page) and analyze the case using the following outline:
- Identification of the Issues •Identify the major opportunity/problem faced in this case.
- Identify the major decisions that need to be made.
- External Analysis •Evaluate factors outside the organization that should be taken into consideration when making a decision.
- Internal Analysis •Evaluate factors inside of the organization that should be taken into consideration when making a decision.
- Alternatives •Select possible alternatives to take advantage of the opportunities or solve the problems identified.
- Evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of each alternative.
- Decisions and Implementation •Propose a solution to the problem.
- Defend your proposed solution by citing information from the case and our textbook or from other knowledge that you have gained from your experience or research; be as specific as possible.
- Measuring Results •Choose methods to measure results.
- Predict what you will do if your plan fails and describe your contingency plan.
has been added to your cart!
have been added to your cart!
You must log in and be a buyer of this download to submit a review.