Resource: Health Care Utilization Paper Grading Criteria
Select either Option 1 or Option 2 and write a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper.
Health care reform is part of an ongoing debate and recent substantial legislation. Address the following in your paper:
• In what ways have recent health care reform measures expanded or inhibited access to care?
• How might changes to access influence utilization?
• Explain the concept of what universal health care may be, and how current care reflects or contrasts with this.
• What has been your experience with health care expansion? Was it positive or negative? Explain.
John Q. recently moved to a rural community. He works full-time, but qualifies for Medicaid because of his low income. John has high blood pressure and his father recently had a heart attack. Thus, he decided to call to find out which providers nearby accept Medicaid. While there are local doctors, he discovered that the closest primary care physician who accepts Medicaid is a 40-minute drive and appointments must be made 2 weeks in advance due to the number of patients at the practice. In addition, the practice does not offer weekend or evening hours. John usually catches a ride to work with a friend or relies on public transportation.
According to Chapter 4 of The U.S. Health System: Origins and Functions, Andersen (1995) developed a model of health services utilization based on three categories of factors: predisposing, enabling, and need. These factors can be further categorized as mutable or immutable. In your paper, discuss the following questions:
• What factors may affect John’s health care utilization?
• Are these factors mutable or immutable?
• What are some ways to change the mutable factors?
Andersen, R. M. (1995). Revisiting the behavioral model and access to medical care: Does it matter? Journal of Health and Social Behavior, 36, 1-10.
Use at least one peer-reviewed or scholarly reference to support your information.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Things to remember when writing your Week 2 assignment: Health Care Utilization Paper.
1. Use APA Headers to organize the content of the paper. The headers need to coincide with the required content of the assignment. Review the syllabus and the grading rubric.
2. Follow APA guidelines. Include a title page and a reference page. Need to follow directions about font style and margins of paper.
3. Please review the 2 documents I shared with you under the Course Material Forum (APA resources).
4. Use spell check.
5. Use correct grammar and sentence structure. If you have concerns about this area, please have someone read your paper before you submit it.
6. Write a clear purpose statement in your first paragraph. What is the purpose of your paper? This needs to be clear to the reader.
7. Include a brief summary of the entire paper at the end.
8. Please visit UOP’s Center for Writing Excellence (CWE) for additional assistance in writing papers. You can submit any paper and the system will offer suggestions on ways to improve grammar, etc.
9. Please ask questions if something is unclear.
10. I have included the Grading Rubric that I will be using to grade your paper. The grading rubric was developed by UOP. Make sure you review the rubric and include everything that is required.
You must log in and be a buyer of this download to submit a review.