Resource: Application of the Background and Methodology of the
Research Process to Problems in Health Care Grading Criteria
Choose an article from your annotated bibliography (PDF File attached)
Read the following:
Background: The background statement answers the following questions: How do you know a real problem, situation, or opportunity will be studied? Does evidence indicate you have chosen an important problem, situation, or opportunity that deserves more attention? What evidence indicates that the problem, situation, or opportunity relates to an organizational management issue or clinical concern?
Methodology: This part of a research study provides an overview of the scope of the study or how large, long, and comprehensive the study was. This is a brief overview explaining the gathering of the qualitative and quantitative data and where the data may be found. Implicit in this overview is the recognition by the researcher that both secondary data—document-based data, organizational material, library books, and journals—and primary data—empirical, qualitative, and quantitative data incorporated by a survey, experiment, and so on in a real-time fashion—was gathered to make the study comprehensive, fully researched, and as rigorous as a project must be within the scientific method of data planning, gathering, and analysis.
Respond to the following questions in a 700- to 1,050-word paper:
Definition of the problem
- What is the problem the study was conducted to resolve?
- Why is the problem important for health care administrators to study?
Study purpose: What is the purpose of the study?
- What is the main research question?
- If it is not stated, what would you say the research question is?
Hypothesis or hypotheses
- What is the study hypothesis?
- If it is not stated, what would you say the hypothesis is?
- It there is more than one study hypothesis, state the hypothesis or hypotheses.
- What are the independent and dependent study variables?
Conceptual model or theoretical framework:
- In what way was a conceptual model or theoretical framework used to guide this study?
Review of related literature
- In what ways does the literature review support the need for this study?
- What study design is used?
- How many subjects were studied?
- Where are the subjects found?
- What organization was studied?
- How long did the study take?
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
has been added to your cart!
have been added to your cart!
You must log in and be a buyer of this download to submit a review.