I NEED THIS ASSIGNMENT 10/31/12
Monitoring Quality and Ensuring Patient Safety:II
QUALITY PERFORMANCE REPORTING
Report on the following organizations
1. Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations ( https://www.jointcommission.org)
2. Health Section, U.S. News and World Report (https://health.usnews.org.)
3. Pennsylvania Health Care Cost Containment ( Council https://www.phc4.org)
4. Quality Counts (https://www.the-alliance.org/qualitycounts.aspx)
To complete this assignment, report about the organization including the following:
• Describe the ownership and structure of the organization, such as public or private, and the scope of services provided.
• List and describe the types of health care facilities and services that are evaluated.
• Explain the criteria or methodology utilized to measure quality or performance.
• Describe the intended audience for the quality reports. Is there a fee to view the reports? Is the website the only method of accessing this material?
• Assess the validity or reliability of this service. If there is any difficulty in assessing, comment on it.
• Describe your overall impression of the organization, the service, and the usefulness of the website. Does your impression change if you think from the perspective of a consumer instead of a provider?
S-P-O Model of Health Care Quality.
2-3 pages, report in which you apply Donabedian’s S-P-O model to an episode of healthcare you have observed as a provider or a consumer of health care services.
S-P-O Model of Health Care Quality
• Select and describe a specific episode of health care service. Take care to respect the confidentiality of the people involved and do not use real names.
• Describe the structural characteristics necessary for this service to occur, such as the organization, physical location, staffing.
• Describe the processes that are a part of this treatment episode, such as entry into the system, diagnosis, treatment.
• Describe the outcome of this service. How are good outcomes (quality) and bad outcomes determined?
• In this specific episode of care, describe the relationship between structure and process, and between process and quality.
• Based on your analysis so far, evaluate how quality is defined, measured, and reported with regard to this episode of care.
• Course Text: Delivering Health Care in America: A Systems Approach
o Chapter 4, “Health Services Professionals “
• Course Text: Understanding U.S. Health Services System
• Chapter 20, “Issues in Quality of Care”
• Jiang, H., Lockee, C., Bass, K., & Fraser, I. (2009). Board oversight of quality: Any differences in process of care and mortality? Journal of Healthcare Management, 54(1), 15-30. Retrieved from the Walden Library datatbases.
• Wicks, A. M., St. Clair, L., & Kinney, C. S. (2007). Competing values in healthcare: Balancing the (un)balanced scorecard. Journal of Healthcare Management, 52(5), 309-3 23; discussion 323-324. Retrieved from the Walden Library datatbases.
• Mulva, S., & Dai, J. (2009). Healthcare facility benchmarking. Health Environments Research & Design Journal (HERD), 3(1), 28-37. Retrieved from the Walden Library datatbases.
• Leapfrog Hospital Quality Information For Consumers
• Balanced Scorecard Institute
• Institute of Medicine
• Baldrige Assessment
• Healthcare Criteria for Performance Excellence
• Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO)
• Health Section, U.S. News and World Report
• Pennsylvania Health Care Cost Containment Council
• Quality Counts
Optional Resources (if applicable) are listed in the Learning Resources area for the week
has been added to your cart!
have been added to your cart!
You must log in and be a buyer of this download to submit a review.