An individual’s orientation to conflict determines his or her desired outcome. You’ve observed a
child’s win-lose orientation when he or she insists on his or her rights at another’s expense. You
may have observed a lose-lose situation when a friend or co-worker states, “If I don’t get a raise,
no one should get a raise.” Hopefully, you’ve also observed a win-win orientation where one of
the parties says, “Let’s see if we can make this work for everyone.”
Using Microsoft Word, prepare a document in APA format that does the following:
• Identify a conflict being discussed in the public media. It may be a court case, a political
position, or an issue of public policy.
• Write a description of the conflict including:
◦ Summary of the conflict and the orientations of those involved.
◦ Based on what you’ve learned about interpersonal communication so far, what
interpersonal needs are being expressed by those in the conflict?
◦ Your recommendation of what it would take to achieve a win-win outcome.
has been added to your cart!
have been added to your cart!
You must log in and be a buyer of this download to submit a review.