Product endorsers have been an integral part of marketing for centuries. Popular music has become a major part of ad campaigns. Song selection coupled with a product endorser for a multiplatform campaign is a way to differentiate from other brands. Two recent examples include the following:
- A popular brand of body wash upped the ante by using Pussycat Doll, Nicole Scherzinger, as the endorser who also sang a “Brazilian-inspired reinterpretation” of Duran Duran’s Rio.
- Then, there is a shampoo company that launched a global brand campaign that features mega star Madonna and is the first of its kind using an artist of such stature to launch a global brand.
- Create a new consumer product.
- Define your target market.
- Select a song and an endorser for your campaign, and explain the rationale behind your choices.
Discuss your competition and how you are both poised to compete and differentiate.
has been added to your cart!
have been added to your cart!
You must log in and be a buyer of this download to submit a review.