Now, you get to take everything you have worked on far and apply it to this particular speech! This is your opportunity to take a stance on a topic of interest and support your viewpoint. This final presentation represents the culmination of so many smaller assignments. Consider:
- The topic itself. What is the issues, who are the stakeholders, and why is this important to you? And… why should it be important to us?
- Your topical outline. What do you plan to tell us? What evidence do you plan to share, to convince us that your side is right in this debate?
- What did you learn from the devil’s advocate? How can you use their own propaganda against them – so that your argument is even stronger?
- What tips will you use to make a ‘great’ persuasive speech? How can you use visual aids?
- And finally, what will you ask the audience to do, once you’ve persuaded them that your viewpoint is the most logical/sensible? Will your concluding thoughts resonate with them?
Here are a few parameters for the final:
- This speech should be 8-10 minutes in length.
- Establish credibility and use a minimum of 4 sources (cited within your speech).
o Use visuals where you can!
o Show enthusiasm!
o Remember the three-part system (Intro, Body, Conclusion). Present facts that convince.
o Have fun with this one!
has been added to your cart!
have been added to your cart!
You must log in and be a buyer of this download to submit a review.