Your good friends have just adopted a four year old child. At this point, the only socialization decision they have made is that the child is going to preschool. Imagine that you are an expert in your chosen field. Your friends have come to you for advice and to devise a plan to raise their child. They ask you to be frank with them and give them specific examples to support you opinions. They are determined to raise this child to the best of their ability. Since they are new parents, they need advice on everything. The summative assignment is to develop a user-friendly PowerPoint handbook of suggestions. The handbook will demonstrate your understanding of the material by applying the major topics discussed in the course to a real situation.
The PowerPoint presentation for the Final Project must include:
- Title slide (one slide) Advice, 2nd line, Victoria R. Orebo, 3rd line SOC312: Child Family & Society (BMF1437B), 4th line, Instructor: Yelena Gidenko, 5th line Date.
- Introduction of the material for the new adoptive parents (1 to 2 slides).
- At least 15 slides summarizing each of the items listed below (1 to 2 slides for each item). Please note that the content of each slide should appear in the notes section, while
the slide itself should contain the information that would be presented to the parents.
4 An image that represents each item.
- Conclusion slide that clearly explains why the parents should review this material (1 to 2 slides).
- Reference slide with at least three scholarly sources and the course text properly cited (1 slide).
Writing the PowerPoint Presentation of the Final Project
- Summarize Bronfenbrenner’s ecological model and describe why it is important for them to be aware of this theory (1 to 2 slides)/
- Suggest and explain a parenting style/philosophy (authoritarian, authoritative, or permissive) that you believe will be most beneficial for the child and the family (1 to 2 slides).
- Explain which childcare (nanny, center-based, or family-based care) option (before/during/after preschool) you think is best for the child and why, (1 to 2 slides). Be sure to i include discussion of the social factors that influence the likelihood of the family (1 to 2 slides).
4 Share specific suggestions, including at least 2 to implement safe technology use in the home. Explain how the media can (both positively and negatively) influence the child.
(1 to 2 slides).
5.Discuss the importance of culture and ethnicity in the development of the self-concept. Share your ideas of ways that the new parents can create opportunities for the child to
learn about his or her culture (1 to 2 slides).
- Describe at least 2 researched methods to increase the child’s self-esteem and positive attitude ( 1 to 2 slides).
- Differentiate between the importance of socialization that occurs in the home and at school. Explain the importance of each venue as a positive haven for the child. (1 to 2 slides).
- Explain the importance of the teacher’s role in the child’s life. Give examples of how the school and the teacher will affect the child’s socialization (1 to 2 slides).
- Share the importance of positive peer interactions. Give 2 examples for the parents to implement at home to foster friendships (1 to 2 slides).
The PowerPoint Presentation must include a minimum of 15 slides (not including the title slide and reference slide). Creatively address the material and include graphics, visuals, charts, graphs, and or sound. Slides should be designed to clearly and concisely address the material. Must be formatted according to APA style as outlined in Ashford Writing Center. Include a Title slide, reference slide, and citations within the slides when appropriate. 5 scholarly sources and course text.
has been added to your cart!
have been added to your cart!
You must log in and be a buyer of this download to submit a review.