Assignment #1: due 6/23/13
• Chapter 14: Discussion and Review Questions: 2, 3, 4, 5, & 8 (pp. 650-651)
• Chapter 16: Discussion and Review Questions: 1, 5, 7, & 8 (p. 732)
2. What is the ultimate goal of a lean system? What are the supporting goals? What are the building blocks?
3.Describe the philosophy that underlies JIT (i.e., what is JIT intended to accomplish?).
4.What are some of the main obstacles that must be overcome in converting from a traditional system to lean?
5. Briefly discuss vendor relations in lean systems in terms of the following issues:
a. Why are they important?
b. How do they tend to differ from the more adversarial relations of the past?
c. Why might suppliers be hesitant about JIT purchasing?
8. Contrast push and pull methods of moving goods and materials through production systems.
1.Why is scheduling fairly simple for repetitive systems but fairly complex for job shops?
5 Briefly describe each of these priority rules:
What problems not generally found in manufacturing systems do service systems present in terms of scheduling the use of resources?
8. Explain forward and backward schedulings and each one’s advantage.
has been added to your cart!
have been added to your cart!
You must log in and be a buyer of this download to submit a review.