Locate a mission statement from a healthcare organization. Critique the mission statement by using nine questions listed on page 69 of the Hillestad and Berkowitz’s book. List your reference(s) in APA format.
After constituent knowledge and background have been reviewed, the organization can begin a detailed examination of the mission within the context or framework of various constituencies. In this process, it is useful to ask these questions:
- Why do we exist?
- What “business” are we in?
- What is our most important product/service?
- Who are our clients/customers?
- Why do they come to us?
- How have we changed in the past five years?
- What are our unique strengths and major weaknesses?
- What philosophical issues are the most important to us?
- What would be lost if we ceased to exist?
(Health Care Market Strategy: From Planning to Action, 3rd Edition. Jones & Bartlett).
has been added to your cart!
have been added to your cart!
You must log in and be a buyer of this download to submit a review.