Integrating Science and Mathematics (Benchmark Assessment)
1) Finalize the benchmark assessment according to the instructions and criteria in “EED 364 Curriculum, Assessment and Methods: Science and Mathematics Benchmark Assessment and Rubric,”located within the Additional Resources folder in Canyon Connect.
2) Submit the assignment to the instructor by the end of Module 8.
3) Additionally, submit the assignment in TaskStream. Directions for submitting to TaskStream can be found on the College of Education’s page in the Student Success Center.
Student Prompts/Teacher Directions
a) Benchmark Assessment: Integrating Science and Mathematics
i) Create a unit of study integrating science and math content of fractions, decimals, and/or percents.
ii) Ensure you have listed each of the science (NSES)) and math (NCTM) standards to include learning goals and objectives.
iii) Create the unit of study to include the following:
(1) clear-cut objectives that align to standards
(2) relevant materials and resources
(3) differentiation of instruction to address the diverse needs of students. Name the differentiation strategies for the specific diverse groups.
(4) problem solving and inquiry strategies
(5) the twelve science processes
(6) concrete manipulatives to help develop science and fraction/decimal sense
(7) informal and/or formal assessment that align with objectives
(8) authentic, formative and/or summative assessments
(9) allow for student reflection
iv) Write a narrative of 1,000-1,250 words that addresses the assignment criteria, gives specific examples from the unit of study, and state your rationale.
v) Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the GCU APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required. Include an appendix to the paper that is a copy of the unit of study.
vi) Submit the assignment to the instructor by the end of Module 8.
vii) Additionally, submit the assignment in TaskStream. Directions for submitting to TaskStream can be found on the College of Education’s page in the Student Success Center.
• Create a standards-based unit plan for an elementary classroom.
• Identify and use a variety of materials and resources in the plan.
• Use differentiation of instruction to meet needs of diverse learners.
• Manage materials, equipment, and other resources to affect the learning environment.
• Model and/or explain skills, concepts, attributes, and critical thinking processes.
has been added to your cart!
have been added to your cart!
You must log in and be a buyer of this download to submit a review.