In your paper, respond to the following:
- A new graduate hired by the marketing research department of a major telephone company is asked to prepare a questionnaire to determine household preference for telephone calling cards. The questionnaire will be administered in mall-intercept interviews. By applying the principles of questionnaire design, critically evaluate the questionnaire “Household Telephone Calling Card Survey” shown on page 330 of your textbook.
- Define the appropriate target population and the sampling frame in each of these situations:
- The manufacturer of a new cereal brand wants to conduct in home product usage tests in Chicago.
- A national chain store wants to determine the shopping behavior of customers who have its store charge card.
- A local TV station wants to determine households’ viewing habits and programming preferences.
- The local chapter of the American Marketing Association wants to test the effectiveness of its new member drive in Atlanta.
- To determine the effectiveness of the advertising campaign for a new DVD player, management would like to know what percentage of the households is aware of the new brand. The advertising agency thinks that this figure is as high as 70%. The management would like a 95% confidence interval and a margin of error no greater than plus or minus 2 percent. Use the formula found on page 374 of your textbook in #8: n = z squared times (1-proportion which is represented by the pie sign) divided by R squared times proportion)
- What sample size should be used for this study? (note: z value = 1.96)
- Suppose that management wanted to be 99% confident but could tolerate an error of plus or minus 3%. How would the sample size change? (note: z value = 1.645)
has been added to your cart!
have been added to your cart!
You must log in and be a buyer of this download to submit a review.