Imagine that you are the president of a large corporation. To improve your leadership skills, you want to make sure that you understand the work environment from your employees’ perspective. To do so, you decide to go undercover in your own organization and report your findings to the board.
To prepare for this assignment, complete the following activities:
1. Read the Chapter 4 Leader in Action: “Top Brass Try Life in the Trenches.”
2. Go to www.cbs.com and watch one full episode of “Undercover Boss.”
Write a four to five (4-5) page paper that answers the following:
1. Examine how working “in the trenches” of the organization can help improve leadership skills.
2. Analyze whether going undercover makes a difference to the impact of this program.
3. Determine what type of leadership qualities and styles a leader would need to possess in order to agree to and be successful in this type of program.
4. Evaluate the impact of this type of program on organizational performance.
The format of the paper is to be as follows:
o Typed, double-spaced, Times New Roman font (size 12), one-inch margins on all sides, APA format.
o Use headers for each of the subjects being covered, followed by your response.
o In addition to the four to five (4–5) pages required, a title page is to be included. The title page is to contain the title of the assignment, your name, the instructor’s name, the course title, and the date.
Note: You will be graded on the quality of your answers, the logic/organization of the report, your language skills, and your writing skills.
The assignment will be graded using the following rubric:
Examine how leadership influences organizational performance.
Determine key leadership qualities that contribute to leadership effectiveness.
Analyze the impact of leadership styles on performance and behavior.
Use technology and information resources to research issues in leadership
has been added to your cart!
have been added to your cart!
You must log in and be a buyer of this download to submit a review.