I need a catchy/engaging introduction, and some epidemiological information on the 2 subjects (obesity & diabetes) and how they are related.
This paper is expected to be no more than five pages in length (not including the title page and reference list). Typical papers are usually four pages. Below are the requirements needed for successful completion of this paper.
- Introduction: This should catch the reader’s attention with interesting facts and supporting sources and includes the purpose statement of the paper. This should be no more than one or two paragraphs.
- Community: Identify the community you will be using for this paper and provide a brief description of the community. Your community should be the area you live in or work. This should be one or two paragraphs.
- Demographic and Epidemiological data: Compile a range of demographic and epidemiological data for your community by examining census reports, vital statistic reports, city records, and other agency sources. Using this data, describe your community and the problem. Compare your community data to state or national data. This comparison will help to identify a community health problem specific to your community. A summary of this data should be no more than one page.
- Windshield Survey: Assess your community by doing an informal windshield survey: Drive through the area and identify types of housing, schools, churches, health care providers, and environmental or safety hazards. Information about the components of a windshield survey is located in Nies & McEwen on page 97 (box 6-2). It is helpful to conduct this assessment on at least two different times: during the day or evening, on a weekday and/or on the weekend. If possible, plan on taking someone along with you during your survey so that you can take notes. Provide a summary of your findings. The information gathered during the windshield survey should link to your identified problem. A summary of this information should be no more than one page.
- Problem: Using the assessment data, identify the problem that you consider to be a priority concern. Provide rational for your choice and relate your choice to one of the Healthy People 2020 objectives. Healthy People objectives are located within a topic area. Your rationale should also include why this is specifically a problem in your community. This should be no more than one or two paragraphs.
- Historical Significance: Address the historical significance of the problem. Consider the trends in the problem over time and any significant events that may have had an impact on the problem. This information should be no more than one page.
- Summary: The summary paragraph of your paper should include a statement about the problem, the population at risk for this problem and the major direct or indirect factors that contribute to this problem. This information should be no more than one or two paragraphs.
- Professional articles: Include at least two scholarly sources related to your problem.
- Reference page: Should include all cited references within the paper.
has been added to your cart!
have been added to your cart!
You must log in and be a buyer of this download to submit a review.