1. Identify a population based public/community health problem in your county and/or state. Your selection could be based on one of the following:
a. Cultural/ethnic group, e.g. Native Americans, Russians, Latinos, Black Americans, etc.
b. A disease/disability group, e.g. diabetics, persons with A.I.D.S. (P.W.A.), people with Multiple Sclerosis, Alzheimer’s disease, etc.
c. Health coverage category, e.g. Medicare, Medicaid, Medi-Cal (California), Women, Infants, Children (W.I.C.) program, etc.
2. Provide a description of your selected health problem.
3. Obtain epidemiology/demographic data from your local county and/or state health department that documents the problem, provides parameters, and defines/illustrates the scope of the problem.
4. Research, identify, and describe a minimum of four resources currently available/providing services to/for your selected group. These may include any of the following: programs/ agencies which provide specialized services/interventions, or grant monies. Describe the programs and discuss how the availability/existence of the program/service is communicated to the selected population group i.e. how does the population find out about the availability of services or the existence of the organization/agency?
5. Identify and discuss the barriers to solving your selected public/community health problem in terms of the following:
a. services needed
c. communication challenges
d. regulatory/political issues
e. inter-agency scope of delivery and care
f. financing/economics/budgetary issues
g. population/human impact
6. Identify and discuss the major stakeholders that would be involved in solving your public/community health problem. Are there any agencies with conflicting agendas and/or crossovers of service provision?
7. Based on your analysis, make three recommendations to solve your identified problem. Provide data and reference citations to support and lend credibility to your recommendations.
has been added to your cart!
have been added to your cart!
You must log in and be a buyer of this download to submit a review.