HITC Lab Project # – Cloud Computing Security
Scenario: Dr. Mary McNair, Chief of Medical Staff has contacted you as the Chief Information Officer for McNair Memorial Hospital. She states that she has just come from a Medical Conference in which “Cloud Computing” was discussed and she want to know the following from you:
- Can confidential patient information be securely stored in “the cloud”?
- What do the experts say regarding the security of data that is stored on a remote server?
- What protections would a physician or hospital need to keep their data secure?
- Are these requirements different from those of a non-health care organization and based on your research, would you recommend that cloud computing be used to storing patient information at McNair Memorial Hospital. Why or why not?
- Research the topic thoroughly. Type a three (3) page report of your findings to Dr. McNair.
- The report must have a cover page and a reference page that are not counted with the three page report. The report is typed in Microsoft Word, 12pt, double spaced, 1 inch margins. Title of Report – Cloud Computing Security – McNair Memorial Hospital.
- Cite any references in the APA style of writing within the document and at the bottom of the report. Do not use your textbook as a reference because it is not a peer reviewed document.
- Remember: this is a professional looking document and should be written in the third person and your work as a Chief Information Officer should be reflected.
- Save assignment as lastname_HITCLab3 (e.g. McNair_HITCLab3
- Submit assignment on or before March 18, 2016 – 11:59 p.m.
You must log in and be a buyer of this download to submit a review.