HITC Lab Project #2 – Goals of the Electronic Health Record (EHR)
Scenario: McNair Memorial Hospital is implementing a new EHR. As the Director of Health Information Management, you are excited about the positive impact that the EHR will have on your organization. During the planning stage, the hospital developed goals that it would like to accomplish with this implementation. As a member of the EHR Implementation Committee, the Chief Information Officer has required each member of the committee to present a paper concerning their views of the stated goals by the next scheduled meeting even though Administration has said that these goals are firm expectations for the team and the system. The goals of the system are to:
- Reduce HIM Staff
- Reduce time required to access health information
- Improve quality of care
- Decrease the number of duplicate and unnecessary tests
- Reduce the cost per case
- Prepare a three (3) page report of the stated goals for the Chief Information Office of McNair Memorial Hospital. The report should be title: Goals of the Electronic Health Record (EHR) and include the following: (1) Critique the goals provided; (2) How can the goals be improved? (3) Rewrite the goals based on your evaluation; (4) How can you monitor to determine if you met the goals?
- The report must be typed in Microsoft Word, TimesRoman, 12pt., single spaced, 1 inch margins and written in the third person.
- Cite all reference in the APA Style of Writing within the document and at the end of the document. Do not use your textbook as a reference, it is not peer reviewed.
- Save the assignment as lastname_HITCLab2 (e.g. McNair_HITCLab2)
- The assignment must be submitted on or before March 4, 2016 – 11:59 p.m.
You must log in and be a buyer of this download to submit a review.