H Monitoring Quality and Ensuring Patient Safety: Part I
QUESTIONS IN QUALITY AND PATIENT SAFETY INITIATIVES & QUALITY AND PATIENT SAFETY BY SETTING
1.Quality and Patient Safety Initiatives
QUESTIONS Research a particular initiative or strategy and analyze the effectiveness of it.
1 Page w/ references
• Identify the initiative in the first line of your posting.
• Describe the initiative and summarize your analysis of it, as indicated above. Be sure to explain how quality or patient safety is measured.
2. Quality and Patient Safety By Setting
To prepare for this assignment, begin by selecting a health care setting- “LONG TERM CARE “
To complete this Application Assignment, write a 2- to 3-page paper in which you:
• Explain why quality and patient safety are important, particularly for this type of organization.
• Identify the key challenges regarding quality and/or patient safety for this setting.
• Describe three or four strategies for improving and assuring quality and patient safety in this organization, and explain why you chose these strategies.
• Describe the accreditation, licensure, or oversight for this type of organization, and explain the process or criteria used.
• Course Media: U.S. Health Care Delivery System
o “Monitoring Quality and Ensuring Patient Safety” (Dr. William Thomas and Suzanne Cooner)
• Course Text: Understanding the U.S. Health Services System
o Chapter 5, “Management of the U.S. Health Services System”
o Chapter 20, “Issues in Quality of Care”
• Course Text: Delivering Health Care in America: A Systems Approach
o Chapter 12, “Cost, Access, and Quality” (Note: This chapter was assigned in a previous week; review pp. 499-511 only as needed.)
• Longo, D., Hewitt, J. E., Ge, B., & Schubert, S. (2007). Hospital patient safety: Characteristics of best-performing hospitals. Journal of Healthcare Management. 52(3), 188-2 05. Retrieved from the Walden Library datatbases.
• McFadden, K. L., Stock, G. N., & Gowen, C. R., III. (2006). Exploring strategies for reducing hospital errors. Journal of Healthcare Management, 51(2), 123-136. Retrieved from the Walden Library datatbases.
• Menachemi, N., Saunders, C., Chukmaitov, A., Matthews, M., & Brooks, R. C. (2007). Hospital adoption of information technologies and improved patient safety: A study of 98 Hospitals in Florida. Journal of Healthcare Management, 52(6), 398-410. Retrieved from the Walden Library datatbases.
• The Joint Commission
• National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA)
• Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ)
• National Quality Forum
• Baldrige National Quality Program
• MetaStar: 5 Million Lives Campaign
• Institute for Healthcare Improvement: 5 Million Lives Campaign
• Institute for Healthcare Improvement
Healthcare Reinvented: Discussions with Don Berwick
Health Policy and Quality Principles
has been added to your cart!
have been added to your cart!
You must log in and be a buyer of this download to submit a review.