Complete Problem 6 on page 862 in your text. Make the necessary calculations called for in items “a” to “f.” Clearly label you calculations and explain your answers using operations management related principles in 200 words.
- Trucks are required to pass through a weighing station so that they can be checked for weight violations. Trucks arrive at the station at the rate of 40 an hour between 7:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m. Currently two inspectors are on duty during those hours, each of whom can inspect 25 trucks an hour.
- How many trucks would you expect to see at the weighing station, including those being inspected?
- If a truck was just arriving at the station, about how many minutes could the driver expect to be at the station?
- What is the probability that both inspectors would be busy at the same time?
- How many minutes, on average, would a truck that is not immediately inspected have to wait?
- What condition would exist if there was only one inspector?
- What is the maximum line length for a probability of .97?
(Stevenson, William. Operations Management, 10th Edition, 10th Edition. McGraw-Hill Primis Custom Publishing, Apr-10. p. 872).
has been added to your cart!
have been added to your cart!
You must log in and be a buyer of this download to submit a review.