Click the link above to submit your assignment. Students, please view the “Submit a Clickable Rubric Assignment” in the Student Center. Instructors, training on how to grade is within the Instructor Center.
“Figurative Language versus Literal Language”
Using and misusing figurative language may make it more difficult for others to engage in productive thinking. Listed below are ten (10) types of figurative language. (If you are unfamiliar with these terms, you may research the definitions. Cite your sources using APA Style.)
|1. idiom||6. amphiboly|
|2. analogy||7. “flame word”|
|3. metaphor||8. hyperbole|
|4. simile||9. euphemism|
|5. cliché||10. colloquialism|
Write a three to four (3–4) page (approximately 750–1000 word) paper that discusses these different types of figurative language.
- Define the meaning and function of each term.
- Provide an example for each term. (The example may be created by you or taken from another source. Cite your sources using APA Style.)
- Describe the appropriate circumstances for using the example for each term and when it might lead to misunderstanding.
- Use at least two (2) quality resources in this assignment.
The paper should follow these guidelines for effectively organized writing:
- Include an introductory paragraph and concluding paragraph for the essay.
- Each of the terms should be addressed in a single paragraph with a topic sentence and supporting sentences.
- Adhere to standard rules of grammar, punctuation, and mechanics.
The format of the paper is to be as follows:
- Typed, double-spaced, Times New Roman font (size 12), one-inch margins on all sides, APA format.
- In addition to the three to four (3–4) pages assigned, a title page with the title of the assignment, your name, the instructor’s name, the course title, and the date is to be included, as well as a Reference Page.
- Sources documented using APA style for in-text citations and listed on the References Page using APA style format.
has been added to your cart!
have been added to your cart!
You must log in and be a buyer of this download to submit a review.