Case Study : How Will Astronomy Archives Survive the Data Tsunami?
Astronomers collect and generate petabytes of data. The volume of data is currently growing at a rate of 0.5 PB per year. The projections indicate that by 2020, more than 60 PB of archived data will be available to astronomers. Read the paper, “How Will Astronomy Archives Survive the Data Tsunami?”, located in attach file below
Write a four to five (4-5) page paper in which you:
1. 1- Analyze and assess the performance degradation issues highlighted in the case study.
2. 2- Evaluate the archival techniques that are outlined in the study, such as cloud storage. Determine why they are not able to handle the growth of the archived data.
3. 3- Evaluate the emerging technologies, such as clustering, discussed in the case study, which could be applied to the data archival problem.
4. 4- Evaluate the proposed methods, such as GPUs (Graphics Processing Units), of reducing the potentially huge computational and financial costs resulting from archiving data.
5. 5- Use at least four (4) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
has been added to your cart!
have been added to your cart!
You must log in and be a buyer of this download to submit a review.