Case Study : Revolutionizing the Retail Sector
The Digipos (https://bit.ly/MOWvG1) Website states, “ We design, develop and manufacture our own range of systems that are engineered to meet the challenging and constantly changing demands of a retail environment. Using the latest technologies, we deliver positive, cost-effective solutions in compact, high performance, reliable, and energy saving technologies. Our systems are used by leading retailers around the world.” In 2004, DigiPos launched the DigiPos Retail Blade system, which was the first electronic point of sale (EpoS) system to use blade technology. Go to Intel’s Website and read “Revolutionizing the Retail Sector”, located at https://intel.ly/NAfWDs.
Write a four (4) page paper in which you:
1. Examine and assess the main computing problems Digipos faced with regard to system upgrades.
2. Evaluate the solutions that Digipos used to resolve the problem. Propose an alternative solution that you believe could resolve the problem.
3. Compare and contrast the Quantum Blade to the Retail Blade system in terms of computer architecture and system performance.
4. Evaluate the methods that are outlined in the study to reduce the total cost of ownership (TCO). Provide your opinion on whether you believe the methods will or will not work.
5. Use at least three (4) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
has been added to your cart!
have been added to your cart!
You must log in and be a buyer of this download to submit a review.