Case Study 2: Cloud Computing
Due Week 8 and worth 100 points
Cloud computing is defined by Cearly and Phifer in their case study titled “Case Studies in Cloud Computing” as “a style of computing in which scalable and elastic IT-related
capabilities are provided ‘as a service’ to customers using Internet technologies”. Cloud computing services had been provided by major vendors such as Google, Amazon, Microsoft,
IBM, Hewlett-Packard, and others for business computing until recently when Apple Corporation announced iCloud for consumers. Therefore, cloud computing is now available for
businesses as well as consumers.
Read the case study titled, “Ericsson”, located at https://aws.amazon.com/solutions/case-studies/ericsson/, about Ericsson cloud computing.
Write a two to four (2-4) page paper in which you:
1. Assess how Ericsson benefitted from Amazon Web Services (AWS) in terms of cost reduction, automated software updates, remote access, and on-demand availability.
2. Evaluate the scalability, dependability, manageability, and adaptability of Amazon Elastic ompute Cloud (Amazon EC2), Amazon Simple Storage Services (Amazon S3), and
3. Examine the security concerns for cloud-based services and make suggestions to cope with these concerns.
4. Assess possible scalability, reliability, and cost issues associated with cloud computing, and make suggestions to overcome each of these issues.
5. Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check
with your professor for any additional instructions.
Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not
included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
Compare and contrast the strategic and operational use of data management systems.
Outline the strategic implications of information assurance and security in an information technology environment.
Use technology and information resources to research issues in information systems and technology.
Write clearly and concisely about topics related to information systems for decision making using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.
(Rubric in attachment)
has been added to your cart!
have been added to your cart!
You must log in and be a buyer of this download to submit a review.