Assignment 4: Change Management Plan
Due Week 10 and worth 175 points; My employer is (Huntington Ingalls Newport News Inc.)
Using the organization where you work, one where you have worked, or one in which you are very familiar, identify a Human Resource Management program, policy, procedure, or initiative that you believe needs to be changed. Your goal is to apply Kotter’s8 Stage Process of Creating Change to the HR situation you have selected, with corresponding suggestions for how to put this change initiative into practice. Once it is formulated, you will present your recommendations to upper management. Use (Huntington Ingalls Newport News Inc.)
This assignment consists of two (2) sections: a written report and a PowerPoint presentation. You must submit the two (2) sections as separate files for the completion of this assignment. Label each file name according to the section of the assignment it is written for.
Section 1: Change Management Plan
- Write a seven page paper in which you:
- Describe the organization in terms of industry, size, and history.
- Describe how the HR program /policy / process / procedure / initiative that has been proposed should be changed.
- Describe three (3) reasons why this change is important to make.
- Describe the recommended change.
- Develop a strategy that illustrates how you would address each of the eight (8) Stages of
Change (Establishing a sense of urgency; creating coalition; developing vision and strategy; communicating the vision; empowering broad-based action; generating short term wins; consolidating gains and producing more change; anchoring new approaches into the culture).
- Identify potential resistance to change and describe how the resistance would be managed.
- Outline at least three (3) communications strategies you would use.
- Propose two (2) diagnostic tools to identify the changes that need to be made in organization.
- Recommend two (2) strategies for sustaining the change.
- Use at least four (4) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Section 1 of this assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
has been added to your cart!
have been added to your cart!
You must log in and be a buyer of this download to submit a review.