Assignment 3: A New Strategy for Kodak
Review Case 28 “The rise and fall of Eastman Kodak: Will it survive beyond 2012?” located in the
textbook. Assume that you have been hired by Kodak as a business consultant to recommend a new
corporate-level strategy for the company to improve declining sales, increase profitability, and expand the
company to the Cloud service industry.
Write a five to seven (5-7) page paper in which you:
- Establish five (5) key objectives for Eastman Kodak that encompasses the operational, financial,
human resource aspects of the business. Next, argue that each of the established objectives is
essential to the success of the company within the Cloud service industry.
- Analyze Kodak’s horizontal and vertical integration strategy and determine the corporate level
strategy that is more appropriate for the company to establish a competitive advantage in the
Cloud service industry. Provide a rationale for the determination.
- Determine five (5) ways in which pursuing a multi-business model based on diversification may
increase profitability for the company. Provide at least two (2) examples of such use of a
multi-business model from industry to support the rationale.
- Recommend one (1) implementation strategy for Eastman Kodak that considers organizational
design, strategic control systems, structure, and the type of organizational culture fitting for the
organization and its new industry. Justify the recommendation.
- Speculate on the way in which both the corporate-level strategy and the implementation strategy
you recommended in Question 2 and Question 4 would support ethical business behaviors.
Analyze the significant manner in which ethics, corporate social responsibility, and environmental
sustainability impact the implementation of the strategies that you have recommended.
- Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar
type Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all
sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your
professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s
name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in
the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Recommend effective business strategies based on an analysis of domestic and global operating
environments, market dynamics, and internal capabilities.
- Analyze a plan to implement a firm’s strategy and manage the change from current operations.
- Assess how ethics, corporate social responsibility, and environmental sustainability impact strategy.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in strategic management.
- Write clearly and concisely about strategic management using proper writing mechanics.
You must log in and be a buyer of this download to submit a review.