Debate 1: Should the “Ashley X” treatments have been permitted?
• Identify premises and conclusions
• Discuss whether or not an inference is warranted
• Determine whether arguments utilize inductive or deductive reasoning
These pairs of articles focus on the subject of “Ashley X,” a child with static encephalopathy who underwent radical surgical procedures to facilitate her care and, thereby, ostensibly improve her quality of life.
• Lewis, J. (2007, January 6). The moral line in medicine shifts once again. The Independent, p. 37. (ProQuest Document ID 311096455).
• Singer, P. (2007, January 26). A convenient truth [Op-Ed]. The New York Times, p. A.21. (ProQuest Document ID: 433487228).
Respond to the following:
• Identify and explain the strongest argument in each article.
Give reasons and examples from your research in support of your response.
Your initial response should be about 300–400 words in length, with at least one reference cited in APA format.
has been added to your cart!
have been added to your cart!
You must log in and be a buyer of this download to submit a review.