Read the following case study. Use the information in the case study to answer the accompanying follow-up questions. Although questions 1 & 2 have short answers, you should prepare a 150- to 200-word response for each of the remaining questions.
Dr. Zak developed a test to measure depression. He sampled 100 university students to take his five item test. The group of students was comprised of 30 men and 70 women. In this group, four persons were African American, six persons were Hispanic, and one person was Asian. Zak’s Miraculous Test of Depression is printed below:
- I feel depressed: Yes No
- I have been sad for the last two weeks: Yes No
- I have seen changes in my eating and sleeping: Yes No
- I don’t feel that life is going to get better: Yes No
- I feel happy most of the day: Yes No
Yes = 1; No = 0
The mean on this test is 3.5 with a standard deviation of .5.
- Suggest changes to this test to make it better. Justify your reason for each suggestion supporting each reason with psychometric principles from the text book or other materials used in your course.
has been added to your cart!
have been added to your cart!
You must log in and be a buyer of this download to submit a review.