Answer the Following Questions
- Jackson, even-numbered Chapter Exercises, pp. 308-310.
- What is an F-ratio? Define all the technical terms in your answer.
- What is error variance and how is it calculated?
- Why would anyone ever want more than two (2) levels of an independent variable?
- If you were doing a study to see if a treatment causes a significant effect, what would it mean if within groups variance was higher than between groups variance? If between groups variance was higher than within groups variance? Explain your answer
- What is the purpose of a post-hoc test with analysis of variance?
- What is probabilistic equivalence? Why is it important?
Support your paper with a minimum of 5 resources. In addition to these specified resources, other appropriate scholarly resources, including older articles, may be included.
Length: 5 pages not including title and reference pages
References: Minimum of 5 scholarly resources.
Your paper should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts that are presented in the course and provide new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your paper should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards. Review APA Form and Style.
Chapter questions p.308-310
- What is the difference between a randomized ANOVA and a repeated measures ANOVA? What does the term one-way mean with respect to an ANOVA?
- If a researcher decides to use multiple comparisons in a study with three conditions, what is the probability of a Type I error across these comparisons? Use the Bonferroni adjustment to determine the suggested alpha level.
- When should post hoc comparisons be performed?
- Why is a repeated measures ANOVA statistically more powerful than a randomized ANOVA?”
(#’s 10, 12, and 14 are below. I had some printing issues and had to take pictures of the questions.)
You must log in and be a buyer of this download to submit a review.