The US culture has a broad spectrum of religious affiliations and religiosity. As a result of interacting with people who share similarities, people seldom evaluate the main premises of other religions. This assignment will give you the opportunity to explore two religions that are new to you.
Identify and research
- Two religions which are unfamiliar to you.
- Select two peer-reviewed academic resources on these selected religions.
Based on your research, complete the following:
- Compare and contrast these religions from an anthropological perspective.
- Describe the history of the religion. Be sure to include the following:
o When and how it was first founded
o Details of initial leaders of the movement and spread of the religion
- Explain the main principles of each religion’s belief systems, the religious texts—if utilized—and the significant practices.
- Examine the role religious leaders have in these religions as well as the roles devotees or followers play.
- Describe how the religions view at least three varying social norms or cultural issues.
- Examine how these two religions coexist in a globalized world.
Support your statements with examples. Be sure to include a list of scholarly references.
Assignment 2 Grading Criteria Maximum Points
Compared and contrasted two world religions from an anthropological perspective and provided well-researched information on their histories, main principles, and practices.
Evaluated these two religions in the context of a globalized world and included a detailed explanation of their varying social norms and cultural issues. 32
Supported your statements with relevant examples and additional scholarly references. 12
Wrote in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrated ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; displayed accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation. 20
has been added to your cart!
have been added to your cart!
You must log in and be a buyer of this download to submit a review.