Assignment 2: The Economy, Monetary Policy, and Monopolies
Due Week 8 and worth 200 points
Write a three to four (3-4) page paper in which you:
1. Analyze the current economic situation in the U.S. as compared to five (5) years ago. Include
interest rates, inflation, and unemployment in your analysis.
2. Propose two (2) strategies that the federal government could implement that would encourage
people to spend more money in order to create employment opportunities.
3. Identify a situation in the past 50 years in which the government used antitrust policies to stop a monopoly from occurring. Include the circumstances of the proposed monopoly and the reason
the government stepped in. Predict what would have occurred had the monopoly succeeded.
4. Propose two (2) methods of identifying groups of customers who should receive a discount for a product or service without alienating consumers.
5. Suggest three (3) reasons a monopoly may or may not be efficient in any economy.
6. Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
•Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all
sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any
•Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s
name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in
the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
•Analyze imperfectly competitive markets – monopoly, monopolistic competition and oligopoly – to
understand their profit-maximizing decisions.
•Explain the factors and mechanisms of growth.
•Explain how governments use monetary and fiscal policy to manage the economy.
•Use technology and information resources to research issues in principles of economics.
•Write clearly and concisely about principles of economics using proper writing mechanics
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic/organization of the paper, and
language and writing skills, using the following rubric.
Points: 200 Assignment 2: The Economy, Monetary Policy, and Monopolies
has been added to your cart!
have been added to your cart!
You must log in and be a buyer of this download to submit a review.