A hypervisor is computer hardware platform virtualization software that allows multiple different operating systems (O/S) to share a single hardware host. The configuration is such that each O/S thinks that it has the host’s processors, memory, and other resources all to itself. The hypervisor actually controls the host processors and resources distributing the resources to each O/S depending on need, and ensures that no O/S can disrupt any other O/S.
Write an eight to ten (8-10) page paper in which you:
1. Examine the technical advantages and disadvantages of using a hypervisor in an enterprise.
2. Compare and contrast the hypervisors from Microsoft (Hyper-V), VMware (ESXi), and Hitachi’s (Virtage).
3. Evaluate the effect of hypervisors on the TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) in an enterprise.
4. Determine whether the implementation of hypervisors has an impact on system administration.
(i.e., Would system administrators need re-training?)
5. Use at least four (4) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
has been added to your cart!
have been added to your cart!
You must log in and be a buyer of this download to submit a review.