Select a sport from the following list of Paralympic sports, Deaflympic sports, or Special Olympic sports:
1. Paralympic Sports: Archery, Basketball, Boccia, Cycling, Equestrian, Fencing, Goalball, Judo, Powerlifting, Rowing, Sailing, Shooting, Sitting Volleyball, Soccer, Swimming, Table Tennis, Track and Field, Wheelchair Rugby, Wheelchair Tennis, Alpine Skiing, Biathlon, Curling, Nordic Skiing, Sled Hockey
2. Deaflympic Sports: Athletics, Badminton, Basketball, Bowling, Cycling, Handball, Hockey, Orienteering, Shooting, Skiing, Snowboarding, Soccer, Swimming, Table Tennis, Tennis, Volleyball, Water Polo, Wrestling
3. Special Olympic Sports: Alpine Skiing, Aquatics, Athletics, Badminton, Basketball, Boccia, Bowling, Cross Country Skiing, Figure Skating, Equestrian, Cycling, Floor Hockey, Soccer, Golf, Gymnastics, Power Lifting, Roller Skating, Sailing, Snowboarding, Snowshoeing, Softball, Speed Skating, Table Tennis, Team Handball, Tennis, Volleyball
Create a minimum of a 10-15 slide PowerPoint presentation on the sport you have chosen. Include slide notes for all slides. The presentation must contain the following elements:
1. Title slide, including name, sport, identification of type (Paralympic, Deaflympic, or Special Olympic).
2. Background on the sport (how it came about).
3. National governing body of the sport.
4. Who can play (disabilities, types, severity).
5. How to get involved as a participant.
6. Rule differences (if there is an able-bodied version) or interesting rules.
7. How someone could become involved in volunteering for the sport.
8. Three things you learned in researching this sport.
9. Anything else you may feel is important.
10. Links to short video clips of the sport or something related to your sport topic (e.g., could be someone talking about the sport) are required in your slides, and they must be rated G, so be careful of profanities in the music.
has been added to your cart!
have been added to your cart!
You must log in and be a buyer of this download to submit a review.