Research Topic: Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Research Paper – Choose a Health Topic from the list provided by the instructor in Canvas; develop a health communication campaign to inform the public about a new health risk.
Research Topic: Human Papillomavirus (HPV)
Research Paper – Choose a Health Topic from the list provided by the instructor in Canvas; develop a health communication campaign to inform the public about a new health risk. Analyze the health issue/problem, behaviors related to the Issue and create a letter to an editor. Finally, develop the campaign message and creative strategies for your Campaign and place it the Assignment box. Each student will post a final research paper including, the abstract of the paper, the letter to the editor and the campaign letter informing the public of the issue as one document in the Assignment Box.
Guidelines for Research Paper:
APA style (American Psychological Association), 07-10 typewritten pages, double -spaced.
The two-page outline of your project is to be placed at the beginning
of the paper.
Introduction to health issue/problem (Problem Overview) (1 page)-Describe program/campaign (Media Plan: goals, objectives and sample Fact Sheet(s), Op-eds strategies for advancing your program/campaign. (5 pages)
The following must be included -References (must have at least 5-7 current references)
Questions and Answers on Key Issues (talking points) (appendix)
Sample Press Release (appendix)
Sample letters-to-the-editor (appendix)
Every statement made in a scholarly research paper must be supported by a reference. Be very cautious when stating your opinion, or using terms suggesting absolute facts, or values, as these MUST be supported by references. Note that textbooks including our course text are composed of information cited in other sources (see the reference section in our assigned textbook). With this in mind, I expect an adequate number (5-7) current not older than 5 years and appropriate references. Please note that primary sources are to be used. Peer-reviewed journal articles should make up the bulk of your references (90%). If referring to a book, be sure to include all information in APA style, including specific page numbers. Note that an article referred to in a book is a secondary source. More on this topic is available in the APA Publication Manual, 5th edition, and in the BCCC Library See also “Policies on Academic Honesty” in the Syllabus Part.
The final paper must be submitted to the instructor via the “Assignment box” no later than Saturday March 26, 2016 by 11:30 p.m.
Format for Research Paper:
- Double spaced, font Times Roman 12 point, margins 1 inch
- 7-10 pages body of report plus cover page, outline if used, and citation page.
- Paper must have category heading to identify change in topic information.
- Research Paper must follow APA format
- Citation page must include a minimum of 5 references no older than 5 years, follow APA format using at least 3 books and 2 Peer Review sources.
- Remember Wikipedia is not an approved academic web site please do not use in your references.
- Each reference from bibliography page should also be cited in body of report using the APA format. If material in more than one place from a given reference is used reference must be cited on each nonconsecutive page
- Cover page should include topic, your name, class, and date.
- Outline content page and thesis statement optional. If used they would not be counted as one of the 7-10 required pages.
Please attach copies of Peer Review articles cited with information used in the report highlighted. This does not eliminate the requirement of the bibliography/citation page.
Comments are closed.